MastersinTESOL.net is the most complete online resource about earning your master’s degree in TESOL. This comprehensive site covers all aspects of what you want to know about getting your master’s in TESOL, including schools, careers, TESOL programs in each state, salaries and more.
Why a TESOL Master’s Degree?
There are many more jobs today for teachers who want to teach English to speakers of other languages. If you are interested in finding a good paying job where you will be in demand - both in the US and overseas - earning your Master’s in TESOL can be a smart choice.
Some of the benefits of earning your TESOL Master’s include:
Teacher who get a master’s degree will usually automatically get a higher salary than a teacher with just a bachelor’s degree. In TESOL, someone with a master’s degree will also have more advanced techniques in language training. This means that they will usually get a higher salary.
For example, the Bureau of Labor Statistics states that the median wage for all adult literacy teachers is $48,500. But for the top ten percent, almost all of whom have a master’s degree, they will earn more than $82,000.
More Jobs Available
BLS also reports that there will be a solid increase in job demand for all types of adult education teacher jobs. There will be a nine percent increase in these jobs by 2022. However, we anticipate that there will be an even higher demand for learning English in the coming years. So, there should be more demand for TESOL teachers than this.
If you are interested in teaching overseas, you are in luck! It is anticipated that there will be a strong increase in demand for TESOL teachers who speak American English. Some of the countries where there will be the highest demand are:
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
If you still want to focus your job search in the US, with a master’s in TESOL you may also be able to get a part time teaching job at a community college. BLS states that the job demand in this field will soar by 19% by 2022. There should definitely be a higher demand in this area for TESOL teachers.
Some of the best cities in the US for TESOL jobs are:
- Nassau-Suffolk, NY
- Lawrence-Methuen-Salem, MA
- Santa Ana, CA
- Modesto, CA
- Naperville, IL
What You Will Learn at MasterinTESOL.net
This website was set up to provide you with all of the knowledge that you need to make decisions about your TESOL education and career. You will learn about:
- Information about more than 274 Masters of TESOL and ESL programs. Our huge database includes 195 master’s programs, and 79 certificate programs. You also can learn about 42 online TESOL programs and 79 campus programs.
- Detailed attendance information for 274 schools. For example,our website tells you that at Arizona State University, you will pay $10,001 for full time TESOL tuition, in state. Out of state tuition is $24,550 per year, and the average off campus room/board is $8788 per year.
- Popular TESOL jobs, such as Program Director for TESOL, Curriculum Director, Teacher, Reading Specialist and Academic Advisor.
- Articles full of helpful tips and resources, such as 7+ Best Online Masters in TESOL Options, and Best Job Search Resources for TESOL/ESL Grads.
We have strived to provide you with all of the information that you need to make a decision for your TESOL education and career. If you have any suggestions for more content, please contact us.
- Ann Steele